Monday, August 5, 2013

My sister was ripped off by a shop on Facebook....

Over the last couple of years I have made a couple of purchases through Facebook through auctions or sales that pages have and have not had any trouble at all. Recently there was a page that was having a sale on charm bracelets they were 1/2 off and one of the charm bracelets was for a Beauty and the Beast, well my sister is a huge Belle fan so of course I immediately e-mailed her the pic and then called her. She saw the pic I sent her and immediately wanted to order it. On April 8 she placed an order for 1 Beauty and the Beast charm bracelet. She paid through Paypal $24.50 and waited for her charm bracelet.
copied from Google search since her page has now been deleted
Well since I was the one that sent her to Paisley McRae's (page now deactivated) I asked her on April 18 on an approximate ship date (see below) and she said she would send it out next week. Well here comes May 12 and still no bracelet. I asked her again on an approximate ship date and she didn't respond so on May 14 I asked her via a status update on her page and she said that she would send it out the next day (unfortunately she deactivated her page so I can't insert her reply). Well come June 2nd and still no bracelet. I then again asked her for a ship date and she says it would be shipped out the next day yet come June 25 and still no bracelet.

On June 25 my sister decided to send her a message on Facebook asking for a refund since it had been awhile since she purchased the bracelet. As you can see below she said she didn't issue refunds on fundraiser items, but she sure can take your money and not shipped the product out. I'm disappointed that a person would use a fundraiser to rip off money from people. A lot of people work very hard for that money and while $24.50 might not be a lot it is when you do that to a couple of people. One lady I messaged on Facebook lost $92.00 to her. The page owner is Amanda Howe her paypal e-mail is howeneil1@gmail.com and her e-mail address for her Facebook page was paisleymcraes@gmail.com 

I'm hoping that by posting this more people will come out and talk about their experience dealing with Paisley McRae's and how much money was taken from them. There's also a Facebook group that has been started by someone who was also ripped off from Amanda Howe. Here's a link to that Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/154748778050063/ As buyers we decide to buy from small shops on Facebook to help them out instead since we know money is going directly to them instead of going to CEO's of big name stores and well as you can see below that doesn't always turn out good. Don't get me wrong this won't stop me from buying from other shops on Facebook but i will be more careful as will my sister and if someone can't send the product purchase before the 45 days I will not buy from them. I really hate posting stuff like this but this shop didn't give me another choice. I understand that sometimes we encounter problems personal or not and stuff may take longer to make, but she could have always e-mailed my sister or myself and told us what was going on. I will be having my sister report her to the Internet Crime Commission  and we will see how that goes. If you get ripped off from anyone  via the internet below are a couple of things you can do. 

1. If paid by Paypal file a claim before the 45 days if after 45 days then file for a charge back through your credit card company. 
2. File a report with the Internet Crime Commission
3. File a police report in the town/county/state where vendor is located in
4. take vendor to small claims court (for claims less than $5,000)
5. You can also file a report with the Attorney General in the state where the vendor resides. 

Please feel free to comment and let me know if you encounter a similar incident. We should warn others about vendors to don't follow through after they get paid.



22 comments:

My Journey With Candida said...

It is so hard to tell if a company is up standing or not.... so sorry to hear your sister has been ripped off.

I am going to tweet this for you... Here is the link if you want to RT
https://twitter.com/CandidaJourney/status/364900453881884672

By the way... if you want to get more people seeing this post, you might want to join our fb group. We Love Blog Comments. The thing is.. if you put a link in to be commented on.. you have to comment on everyone elses blog for that day.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/647594551921144/

Terri's Little Haven said...

That is horrible, it's so sad that there are people out there like that. I'm sorry you had to go through this but I'm glad you are letting us all know to be weary of her.

blessedchick said...

Sorry you had to go through all of that. I love supporting small businesses but am leary of ordering if I don't know the reputation.

Sarah-Louise Bailey said...

Oh no I am so sorry to hear you and your sister are going through this, I went through it a while back with someone who had said they were setting up a bespoke box - they got payments and items from the box for people then disappeared luckily I managed to get my money back through google checkout but it can be so stressful! x

Corinne Schmitt said...

I'm sorry to learn that this happened to your sister. Thank you so much for posting advice for others on what to do if they find themselves a victim of online fraud. I hope this woman is caught and punished for stealing from others.

Rebecca Moree said...

That is awful! I hate that this happened and I hope something happens with this woman.

Pam said...

That is really upsetting. Lesson learned the hard way I guess. I hope this woman gets stopped.

MikiHope said...

That has happened to me--but luckily I eventually did get the merchandise (a different site)--it is so hard to know if you can trust someone.

Pam said...

That is so terrible! I hope someone makes this woman refund the money to all her victims.

April Hammond said...

I am so sorry you got ripped off. I am glad it has not deterred you from buying from other homesellers. :)

My Journey With Candida said...

I hope all works out for your sister. Here is another tweet https://twitter.com/CandidaJourney/status/365628403413557248

Just wanted to let you know, we were scammed on Craigslist.com and I did a post on my blog. LOts of people came forward and I ended up finding out where this girl was. She will be going on trial the end of August and we are one of the ones on the list of many that got scammed. We will probably never get our money back, but maybe we can get our revenge through knowing she might sit in jail

Cynthia Landrie said...

So sorry that your sister was taken advantage of. I hope that things were fixed and that she got her bracelet.

Ondria Witt said...

Something like this just happened to my mother through EBAY- but she's out $2500.00 for a quilting machine she purchased from a shady crook! She is trying to resolve it through Ebay, but I am sending her the ICR to fill out and file. I just don't understand why people think they can do things like this. Thanks for sharing about this, and I am truly sorry for all that your sis has had to deal with around that purchase.

mail4rosey said...

I'm sorry to hear your sister was taken advantage. It's so disheartening when things like that happen. It's good that you're getting the word out.

ajcingram said...

Wow, this is really sad!

Mommas Bacon said...

Wow! That's crazy and sad. Nothing really shocks me about people anymore, but shame on her. I had one bad Etsy experience with some lady who said she could crochet her hat. Let's just say I got it, but it looked NOTHING like the picture. UGH.

Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN said...

Oh, boy! Thank you for sharing. It is great to know.

Growing Up Madison said...

That is really sad and such a shame when people do that to others. Thank you for sharing your story so others can become aware as well.

Krista Bainbridge said...

How sad - I hope that people will heed the warning and be more careful. :(

Ashley said...

That sucks that your sister had to deal with that. It makes me mad when people are so dishonest. I hope she was able to get her money back via Paypal!

Amanda said...

I ordered 2 bracelets in the fundraiser and nothing! :( I'm so disappointed not just because of the $50 but because like your sister I was giving them to my daughters and they were really excited. I had ordered from this shop before and received product but it had taken a long time. I figured since her Facebook had been up since 2008 it would be ok but I guess not. I found your post by googling paisley mcraes trying to see if anyone else had made any progress since she described the page. I guess not! Thanks for writing the post hopefully it saves people some grief if she tries to reopen!

Amanda said...

I ordered 2 bracelets in the fundraiser and nothing! :( I'm so disappointed not just because of the $50 but because like your sister I was giving them to my daughters and they were really excited. I had ordered from this shop before and received product but it had taken a long time. I figured since her Facebook had been up since 2008 it would be ok but I guess not. I found your post by googling paisley mcraes trying to see if anyone else had made any progress since she described the page. I guess not! Thanks for writing the post hopefully it saves people some grief if she tries to reopen!